The main goals of the project LIFE LINES are:
- Essay, evaluate and disseminate measures to mitigate negative effects of the linear infrastructure in different species of fauna and, simultaneously, promote the creation along this of a Green Infrastructure to support improvement and conservation status of the biodiversity.
- Minimize a number of problems arising from the presence of linear infrastructures, including:
Promote the dissemination and replication of the actions and results elsewhere
Raise public awareness for the impacts of linear infrastructure on biodiversity and involve citizens in data acquisition and conservation actions.
- reduction of connectivity;
- mortality and barrier effect due to the infrastructure;
- mortality by electrocution;
- absence of refuges and corridors;
- lack of information to manage;
- detection and control of invasive flora.