The main goals of the project LIFE LINES are:
- Essay, evaluate and disseminate measures to mitigate negative effects of the linear infrastructure in different species of fauna and, simultaneously, promote the creation along this of a Green Infrastructure to support improvement and conservation status of the biodiversity;
- Minimize a number of problems arising from the presence of linear infrastructures, including:
Promote the dissemination and replication of the actions and results elsewhere;
Raise public awareness for the impacts of linear infrastructure on biodiversity and involve citizens in data acquisition and conservation actions.
- reduction of connectivity;
- mortality and barrier effect due to the infrastructure;
- mortality by electrocution;
- absence of refuges and corridors;
- lack of information to manage;
- detection and control of invasive flora.